Rubberatkins can test any Elastomers to determine chemical composition, exposure to gases and fluids, and failure modes. This can prove invaluable when investigating performance envelopes of elastomers or field failure analysis. The results can also help re-define material choice and design improvements for future developments.
Rubberatkins has the testing capabilities for Material Testing to API, ISO, ASTM & BS standards.
Rubberatkins lab is equipped with a range of equipment capable of testing numerous properties of elastomers to various international recognised standards.
Physical testing capabilities at Rubberatkins:
- Tensile Testing
- Bond strength
- Chemical Compatibility
- Lifetime Prediction - Arrhenious Calculations to ISO 11346
- Low Temperature Properties - The glass transition temperature & sealing properties
- Rapid Gas Decompression (RGD)
Thermal analysis capability at Rubberatkins:
- TGA (Thermogravimetric Analysis) coupled with IR (Infrared Spectroscopy)
- DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry)
- TMA (Thermomechanical Analysis)
- DMA (Dynamic Mechanical Analysis)