Testing a new product can be expensive and time-consuming. Having a failure in the field can be even worse. To negate these issues, Rubberatkins tests products in-house to prove their performance, reduce the need for further testing, and/or to reduce the expense and risk of full product testing.
Our testing capabilities include:
- Testing in accordance with ISO14310:V3
- Testing in accordance with ISO14310:V0
- Test up to 30,000psi
- Temperatures up to 650⁰F (343⁰C)
- Testing in various fluids and gases: Steam, Water, Oil, N2, CO2
- Multi- Cycle Testing
- Individually tailored test procedures to represent real-world conditions
- Expertise in analysing results and redesigning accordingly
- 6 separate test cells to carry out multiple tests
- Full SCADA system to control, monitor and record tests – pressure, temperature, displacements and in –situ cameras.
- Monitoring tests remotely
Rubberatkins welcome customers who wish to witness live testing.
Rubberatkins can test any Elastomers to determine chemical composition, exposure to gases and fluids, and failure modes. This can prove invaluable when investigating performance envelopes of elastomers or field failure analysis. The results can also help re-define material choice and design improvements for future developments.
Rubberatkins has the testing capabilities for Material Testing to API, ISO, ASTM & BS standards.
Rubberatkins lab is equipped with a range of equipment capable of testing numerous properties of elastomers to various international recognised standards.
Physical testing capabilities at Rubberatkins:
- Tensile Testing
- Bond strength
- Chemical Compatibility
- Lifetime Prediction - Arrhenious Calculations to ISO 11346
- Low Temperature Properties - The glass transition temperature & sealing properties
- Rapid Gas Decompression (RGD)
Thermal analysis capability at Rubberatkins:
- TGA (Thermogravimetric Analysis) coupled with IR (Infrared Spectroscopy)
- DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry)
- TMA (Thermomechanical Analysis)
- DMA (Dynamic Mechanical Analysis)